CdTe the optimal semiconductor material for converting sunlight into electricity.
Cadmium telluride (CdTe) photovoltaics, CdTe Technology, CdTe solar panels.
Cadmium Telluride (CdTe) is a compound semiconductor with high absorption coefficient, 100 times higher than silicon. The energy gap width of cadmium telluride makes it the most suitable material for photovoltaic energy conversion, higher than silicon – with only one hundredth of thickness, the cadmium telluride can absorb same amount of light as silicon does.
The semiconductor material used in our thin film modules has the highest theoretical efficiency of any PV material known today, significantly higher than crystalline silicon. Combined with the lowest inherent manufacturing costs, CdTe presents the greatest opportunity for solar electricity to change the way the world is powered.
We leverage our experience of engineering, constructing, and operating utility-scale PV plants to streamline grid integration, construction, and operations and maintenance (O&M).
Outperforms conventional crystalline silicon solar modules with equal power rating
- Proven energy yield advantage in humid climates due to superior spectral response and in hot climates due to superior temperature coefficient (-0.25%/°C)
- Robust against shading in landscape orientation
Industry-leading long-term reliability and durability
- Extended reliability in harsh environments: Thresher Test; TUV Long-Term Sequential Test; IEC 61701 Salt Mist/Corrosion; IEC60068 Desert Sand Resistance; PID-Free
- Certified to IEC 61646, IEC 61730, UL Listed (NA), MCS (UK), CEC (AU)
- Manufactured to ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001:2004, and OHSAS 18001:2007